Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pleasant Surprises

March 1st, 2014 was the day. Oheka Castle was the place. My cousin was was getting married. I have been wearing the same dress to almost every wedding I have gone to since 2010. --> Mostly because the dress is adorable and it fit. 

So I decided to buy myself a new dress. I ordered a cute dress off Macy's and when it came in the mail, I just hung it up in my closet. I didn't try it on until 2 days before the wedding, which was a bad idea because it was too big.

In July, I went to another wedding and my mom had bought me a new dress which was a size smaller then my go-to wedding dress. I was so ecstatic when I fit into it. I have lost another 15 lbs since then, my go-to dress wasn't going to fit and the one I bought for the wedding was a summer dress. I rummaged around and found a dress that I had bought for a different wedding in 2005 (9 years ago). I tried it on and to my surprise it fit! I tried it on, showed my mom and with some help from Spanx, it was a done deal. 

Saturday at 4:30, I start to get ready and put the dress on. As I'm getting ready, I realize the dress keeps falling down my back and I am showing major side boob (curse of small boobs). I did not feel comfortable in it and I couldn't wear it.

It was LITERALLY 10 minutes before we were leaving. I didn't know what to do. So my sister asked me what size the dress was. I told her and she said hold on a minute. Now the only clothing I have really been able to borrow from my sister in recent times was a cardigan. Nothing else really fit. She then comes out with this dress and told me to try it on. 

It fit... And looked AH-MAZING, I might add. I could not believe it. Neither could my mom, sister or boyfriend. Of course, everything was sucked in with the Spanx, but it still fit. 

So we made our way to the castle, had an amazing time, drank wayyyyyy to much vodka, and dance my butt off my with family. A month later, I am still riding the high of fitting in that dress! 

The moral of this story is: don't give up! There are days where I feel like I just can't do this anymore and I just want to have a cheeseburger, fries and a brownie. But then there are days like March 1st, 2014 and I can't imagine going back. It is a journey. I have been doing this for over a year now and the progress I have made is honestly shocking. I did not think I could do this and there were a lot of people out there that thought the same. But I keep chugging on because I can't go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment