Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

So for the past three weeks I have been bouncing between the same three numbers. I haven't hit a new low for almost a month. At first, I was extremely frustrated. I started to do a food journal which I sent to my nutritionist every day. Usually when I do a food journal, something clicks after day 4 and everything goes back to normal. After day 5, nothing had changed. I was still bouncing between the three numbers. I even changed AND increased my work outs. I started yoga, so I would go to the gym 2 days a week and now I am doing yoga 2 days a week. STILL NOTHING.

I decided to just let it be till I saw my nutritionist. When I went to my appointment yesterday, she asked me for my weights for last week. I told her I still haven't hit a new low and I don't know what else I could possibly do. She decided it was time for a change. 

The 17 Day Diet: It is a book by this guy Dr. Mike Moreno.The diet is centered around four 17 day cycles:  Accelerate- which is the rapid weight loss portion, it helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system. Activate- which is the metabolic restart portion,  alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat. Achieve- which is the phase that involves learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines. And finally Arrive- which is a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. (http://17ddblog.com/overview/)


As of Monday, I will be starting the Accelerate cycle. When you hear people talking about "eating clean," this is what they are talking about. You are allowed unlimited lean proteins and cleansing vegetables (there is a list). You must eat 2 servings of low sugar fruit and 2 servings of probiotic food. Friendly fats such as olive oil and flaxseed oil are fine. But only certain condiments are allowed... in moderation. 

In the first 17 days, you should be able to lose 10-12 lbs. That will not be the case for me because I am not changing my eating habits very drastically. I am doing this because my body has just become accustomed to my lifestyle and it needs to be shaken up! 

Here is a the list of foods you are allowed:

Protein- Unlimited
Chicken breast, turkey breast, lean ground turkey, Salmon, Sole, Flounder, Catfish, Tilapia, Tuna, whole eggs (but no more than 4 yokes per week), egg whites and egg beaters. 

Cleansing Vegetables- Unlimited
Artichoke, Artichoke hearts, Asparagus, Peppers, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Spinach, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Garlic, Green beans, Green, leafy veggies, Kale, Tomatoes, Carrots, Leeks, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Scallions and Watercress.

Low Sugar Fruits- 2 Servings Daily
Apple, peaches, pear, blueberries, plums, raspberries, grapefruit, orange, blackberries, prunes, strawberries, RED grapes, prickly pear cactus. You cannot eat any fruit AFTER 2 PM.

Probiotics- 2 Servings Daily
Low-fat yogurt, greek yogurt, Kefir, low fat acidophilus milk, Yakult, Breakstone Live Active cottage cheese, Tempeh, Sauerkraut, Kimchi.

Friendly Fats
Olive oil, flaxseed oil.

Condiments
Salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, Truvia, sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat-free cheese, fat-free salad dressings, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs and spices. These are allowed in MODERATION.



So, as of Monday, this is what I will be doing for the next 17 days. I will report back before the 17 days are up and let you know how it is going!  

No comments:

Post a Comment